Happy Thursday friends. My blog was doing all kind of weird things yesterday so I’m posting later than normal. But I have random thoughts so I didn’t want to skip a chance for some Thinking Out Loud Thursday.
1. Today is my last day of work. I’ve been doing a lot of goodbyes and farewells but I think until this moment the fact that I’m actually leaving and doing this whole adventure thing hasn’t hit me. I am unemployed, that is crazy!
In the next week it’s going to be a whirlwind of activity. This weekend I have my friends bridal shower. Then next week will be filled with packing, cleaning, last minute to-do list items and more farewell parties. March 20 is going to be here before I know it. Plus have I mentioned I have a deadline for my next running room article coming up and have zero blog posts pre-written for when I leave. Aghhh!!
2. I’ve been talking about the Alberta Blog Squad for quite a while but now it’s really official. A few of the members have created an Instagram account and a website is in the works. They have some really great plans to expand and include more bloggers. I’m excited to see where they’re at when I get back.
3. I was going to put up a survey asking you all what you wanted to see from my blog posts when I was away but I haven’t gotten around to creating the survey. However, I really appreciate the feedback I’ve already gotten in the comments and I am definitely taking it to heart. I would still love additional comments and feedback on what you would be most interested in reading about while I’m travelling.
My plan is to keep a mix of topics. I’ve always posted on all topics so I think it will remain the same but my food will be a lot different, my fitness will certainly be different but the randomness will remain the same! My posting schedule is definitely TBD. I need to see what being on the road and blogging feels like. Usually I take a completely break during vacation so it will be interesting to see how I manage to keep up.
4. After reading Alison’s blog post raving about the Beauty Counter charcoal bar, I had to order one. It just came in yesterday so I didn’t get a chance to try it but I’m excited. One of the struggles with travel is liquids especially when you’re trying to use carry on. So having a bar of soap instead of a liquid face wash will be super valuable. Now I’m trying to figure out what else I could downsize.
5. Monday is the finale of the Bachelor. I’m excited to see who Nick chooses. Although, I mean, it’s got to be Vanessa right? Regardless I look forward to one less gossip session and wine drinking party.