Happy Thursday. No intro today, I’m getting right into Thinking Out Loud Thursday with Running with Spoons.
1. The saga of my foot pain continues. My physiotherapist confirmed it’s actually not plantar fasciitis, but a calf strain. That’s really good news! He did some intramuscular stimulation to my calf and foot. The foot was SO painful but worth it because it did provide some relief afterwards. I’m banished mostly to the bike this week to give my calf and foot a rest but I am cleared to run the Run for L’Arche half-marathon this weekend.
2. This will be my third year running Run for L’Arche. My plan for this race is to use it as a brain training race. The biggest thing that holds me back during a run is my mind. I slow my pace because I fear hitting a wall or being in too much pain.
I learned a lot about myself and my strength when I got a 6 minute PR in San Antonio. So I plan to go out hard during this half. If I bonk and have to walk, that’s okay because at least I’ll know what my threshold is. But maybe I won’t bonk and I’ll get a great time. I’ll only find out if I try and after all, my resolution this year was to stop being afraid.
3. This week I got a shipment of clothing from Mizuno from their spring line.
I am all about bright workout clothes so these totally suit my style. I can’t wait to test out each of the pieces. Right away I knew I would love the speed tank. I love the ombre design, it has a flattering fit and it’s made of drylite, a moisture-wicking knitted material, which is my absolute favourite for workout wear. I wore the top yesterday for a very sweaty spin session and it did not disappoint!
4. I’ve been obsessed with Davids Tea lately, so I had to stop in for their buy 2 get 1 free sale the other day. I ended up getting espresso yourself, cocoa canela and the spice is right. Typical that I would choose a coffee and chocolate tea!
After I picked my teas, the sales lady asked me if I would like a coloured tin. I said of course, since they were pretty. It wasn’t until she rang it up that I found out they charge $3 for these pretty coloured tins. I was very unimpressed and won’t make that mistake again.
5. I’m sad the Bachelor is over. I will definitely miss getting together at Ange’s house for good food and snarking. But luckily Big Brother Canada is on, so I’ll still get my reality TV fix.
I’m not at all surprised he picked Lauren, it was obvious from the beginning. And something tells me they are destined to be a Bachelor success story. They just seem perfect for one another and I would definitely like to see another bachelor wedding.
As for picking Jo Jo as the bachelorette, that also made me happy. If Caila was chosen, I probably wouldn’t have watched the season. Oh, who am I kidding, I would but I really would have disliked it.
Are you excited for spring running clothes? Were you happy with the outcome of the Bachelor?