Hello friends. It’s Thursday which means I’m sharing all my random thoughts as I link up with Amanda for Thinking Out Loud Thursday.
1. Tonight after Tom gets home from work I’m headed back to the mountains! Two mountain trips in two weeks makes me very happy. We are heading with a group of friends to Kicking Horse in Fernie, BC. We did the same ski trip last year and had a blast!
Last year our party was 80’s themed and this year we’re doing rubiks cube. Which means you come dressed in clothing the colors of a rubiks cube and then you swap with people all night until you are one solid colour. I’ve never done it, but it sounds fun.
2. Right now we’re experiencing a chinook in Calgary and I am loving it! Yesterday was 10 degrees (50 F), which means I got to run in shorts.
3. Speaking of running, I realized recently I made a big mistake. I did not sign up to run Sea Wheeze this year because I thought it was the same weekend as my annual family camping trip. But I messed up the weekends and I’m so, so sad because I’d really love to run that race. Unfortunately, it sells out in a hot minute and race registration is non-transferable. Oh well, another year I guess.
My mess up also means that I can’t run the Edmonton marathon because that is actually the weekend of the family camping trip. I was planning to use that as my goal race to try for a sub 2-hour half. But I’ve found a different half-marathon as my goal race, The Stampede Road Race. This was my very first half marathon and so I’m excited to return 5 years later and hopefully kick some butt on the course!
4. This week I missed my girls Bachelor night because I had some private Dietitian consulting work to complete. Doesn’t it suck when you have to adult? I managed to catch up on the episode last night. It wasn’t too exciting. Let’s hope for more drama next week.
5. The winner for my one-month membership to GoodLife Fitness has been chosen. Congratulations to Leslie!