Happy Thursday friends! As per usual I’m joining Amanda for Thinking Out Loud Thursday.
1. I received the most exciting news this week. I was accepted as a Mizuno Ambassador.
If you’ve been following me for any length of time, you might have already thought I was a Mizuno ambassador because I’m always showcasing their products. But that’s the beauty of becoming an ambassador for a company that you already love.
2. It occurred to me this week that I forgot to announce some other very exciting news. My best friend, Chelsi, is getting married in May and we booked a trip to Vegas for the bachelorette party! It’s no secret that I love Vegas, as you can see from my multiple trips & recaps (here, here and here).
One of the things I love is that the experience you have is so different depending on who you go with. I have never done a Vegas trip with a group of girls, so I am more than excited for this experience. Can someone say free drinks! 😉
3. I’ve never been a person who exercises in the morning. I’ve tried every tip out there and still failed. However, this week that finally changed. Because I’m currently working on both a marathon & strength training program, it means some days I need to run and strength train on the same day. I know myself well enough to know that once I’m done a run, I won’t want to strength train or vice versa. Therefore, the key for me to succeed at this plan is splitting up the workouts.
So on Sunday night I decided that I was going to get up at 5 a.m. Monday morning and go to the gym to strength train. And you know what, I did it. Then I did it again Tuesday, Wednesday and today! The strange thing is, I don’t hate it, I actually kind of love it!
4. Speaking of my strength training routine, I am so sore from it. Week 1 & 2 I felt fine, but week 3 kicked it up a notch and my body is feeling it. My sister-in-law is doing the program as well so we text each other regularly about our progress. I was glad to hear I wasn’t the only one hurting!
5. I have a pretty chill weekend planned. Tom and I are staying at home, which is unusual for us. I would consider retrying our snowshoe attempt but the weather is supposed to turn ugly again and I’m a bit of a wuss. But I am planning on going snowshoeing next weekend with the Alberta Adventure Girls. This will be my first time joining them on an adventure and I look forward to meeting some new local ladies.