Happy Thursday friends. As per usual, I’m linking up with Amanda for Thinking Out Loud.
1. Yesterday I did an interview for a local news station, Global Calgary, on the Vegan diet and what Vegans need to be aware of to make sure they are meeting all their nutrition requirements. You can view that interview here.
It was fun and I even got them to interview my friend and newbie vegan, Ashley. I’ve done a few interviews for the news in the past but I’m still nervous every single time. Although, I must have done a good enough job because the main news anchor suggested using me as a nutrition expert more often. Score!
2. Earlier this week I got some really exciting news, my brother proposed to his long time girlfriend! I’m so excited for them. She’s such a sweetheart and although she’s already been a part of our family for a long time, I’m glad they’re making it official.
I also find it really special that they are high school sweethearts, just like Tom and I and my sister, Val and brother-in-law, Jason. Apparently, that’s a thing in my family!
3. I’ve been doing some workouts lately at my work gym. And by work gym, I mean an old swimming pool area that they threw ancient workout equipment into. It does the trick for lunchtime workouts but I find the equipment frustrating.
I mean what kind of equipment just uses numbers instead of showing how many lbs it is. Anyone have a clue what the equivalents would be? The first 5 plates are smaller than the rest. So maybe 5 and 10 lbs? It’s a mystery to me.
4. I try to avoid Costco because I buy everything I see, so instead I send Tom with a list who is a little better at managing that store. However, recently I went and I do have to say sometimes you find some real gems there. I found this Kilimanjaro trail mix. Lets be honest, they had me at deluxe chocolate mixture…
The nut to chocolate ratio in this mix is on point! A handful of this completely satisfies my sweet tooth when I’m having a craving.
5. Yesterday, I went to my physical therapist for my plantar fasciitis. I’ve been to acupuncture and chiropractor so far but since my benefits for physical therapist were used up for 2015 I was waiting for the new year to see him. I wish I had seen him sooner. He basically told me everything I had been doing was wrong. He thinks my problem is originating in my calf and has completely changed my therapy routine. I’m hopeful that this will make a difference.
6. This weekend I’m going to see Dirty Dancing on Broadway! Or is off Broadway, since it’s not in New York? I really never know how that works. Anyways, I am beyond excited for this but also a little nervous because I have such high expectations.
Dirty Dancing is one of my all-time favourite movies. I’ve seen it approximately one million times. I can quote every single line, I know every dance step and I can sing along to every single song. So I will be viewing with a critical eye.