Hey there everyone! Lots to share today, so I won’t bore you with an intro instead let’s get right into Thinking Out Loud with Amanda.
1. Getting mail is my absolute favourite thing. This year I did a lot of shopping online during Black Friday & Cyber Monday, which means not only am I avoiding the holiday mall craziness, but I’m also receiving mail regularly! I’m so excited to check the mail box every day when I get home, especially since I
may have most definitely bought myself some early Christmas gifts.
Lululemon was having a sale and I scored some crops for $40! I mean, how could I say no? Plus, I needed a new Garmin watch since I recently lost mine and that arrived in the mail too.
2. Speaking of Cyber Monday, Tom and I also scored a wicked travel deal through Tour Radar and booked our next adventure. We are planning on hiking the Inca Trail to Machu Picchu in October!
This has been on my travel bucket list for a long time and I’m so excited we are making it a reality. It’s going to be a tough hike so I know this summer I need to get out to the mountains more to train and try some overnight backpacking.
3. Sticking with the travel topic, tomorrow Tom and I are off to San Antonio for the Rock ‘n’ Roll marathon. (half-marathon for me). I’m super excited to check out Texas but honestly I’ve had zero time to research things to do or places to eat so if anyone has been and has suggestions, I’m all ears!
As for the half-marathon, I don’t really have any goals for my time. Dealing with tendonitis and then plantar fasciitis ever since I got back from New Zealand, means my training has been sub-par to say the least. I’m just going to go and have fun and treat this race as my victory lap of this amazing year of running.
4. This past year I’ve had the opportunity to be part of a the Rock ‘n’ Blog team for the Rock ‘n’ Roll Marathon series. It’s been an incredible journey that has taken me to Seattle, Las Vegas and now San Antonio to race this year.
While I won’t be applying next year for Rock ‘n’ Blog due to other travel commitments, the applications for YOU are now open. If you love running, travelling, giving out high-fives and taking selfies at races, you’re exactly the type of person for Rock ‘n’ Blog.
5. Even though I’ve committed to taking some time off running after San Antonio to heal my injuries, I’m already thinking about my next year race calendar. This year was about running all the races! But that means I wasn’t focused on one particular race or gaining speed. Next year is going to be the year of the marathon where I go all out in training for one big event.
The tough part is deciding on the race. I’ve narrowed it down to two Canadian races – GoodLife Fitness Toronto Marathon or BMO Vancouver Marathon. They’re on the exact same day on opposite ends of the country.
I know Kaella is doing Vancouver marathon and since we always seem to meet up at destination races I’m very tempted to commit to this race. However, the flatter profile of the Toronto marathon has me swaying towards that.
If anyone has ever done either of these races or has a recommendation, I’d love to hear your thoughts!
6. Lastly, Pro Compression just came out with their December sock of the month and it’s amazing! It’s called the Ugly Christmas Sweater sock.
If you have a holiday race on your calendar this year, this sock is perfect! You can get it for 40% off and free shipping (in the US), with code H15.
Edit: These socks sold out in under 3 hours! Apparently everyone loved them as much as I did. Unfortunately, they went so fast I didn’t even get my hands on a pair! 🙁
I swear I could go on and on today but I better cap it there. Have a wonderful day and if you have some advice for me on things to do in San Antonio or about next marathon or some random things you’d like to share with me, I’d love to hear it.