Happy Thursday friends! It feels like forever since I’ve joined Amanda for Thinking Out Loud Thursday which means I have a lot of random stuff to share with you. So without further ado and in absolutely no particular order…
1. Thank you everyone for your support on my post yesterday about my running injury. I feel like I’m doing the right thing but it was so great to hear the support of other runners. I was able to use the elliptical yesterday. I didn’t have any pain while using it but did notice some tenderness after. I don’t quite feel ready to run but I’m still optimistic that if I keep up my cardio with biking and elliptical I’ll be able to make my way through the Rock ‘n’ Roll Las Vegas 1/2 marathon.
2. Being injured, it’s difficult to muster my usual level of motivation to workout. The other day after I got the bad news from the physical therapist, I was sitting at a Starbucks feeling sorry for myself. I was thinking about how I should go to the gym and at least bike but the motivation wasn’t there. Then I looked up and saw a GoodLife Fitness right there. I had no clue there was a location there (although they are everywhere, so I should have figured). I took that as my sign and got to the gym. I got in a good interval workout on the bike and left with my mood 100% improved. It’s amazing what exercise can do for you.
3.Right when I got back from vacation, I had a box from Influenster waiting for me. I received Laneige Water Bank Serum to try. The timing couldn’t have been more perfect considering I returned to Canada in the fall which is basically the Sahara dessert in terms of dryness.
I have a pretty set moisturizing routine but I’m always open to trying new products. I’m a sucker for pretty packaging so I fell in love with this bottle instantly.
Overall I was very impressed with this moisturizer. It did wonders for my dry skin and left my skin feeling really soft. It also goes on great underneath makeup so it can be used both day and night. My only negative is that it has a scent. I actually really like the scent but if someone has sensitive skin or a sensitivity to scents it wouldn’t be the best product to choose.
4. It was just recently announced that Gilmore Girls is supposed to be coming back for a reunion season.
I’m kind of obsessed with that show. If you remember, when the seasons came onto Netflix I officially declared it Gilmore Girls Day. Word on the
street internet is that there will be four 90 minute episodes released. I’m a little disappointed that’s all we’ll get. I mean 4 episodes, I can watch that in one sitting, but I guess it’s better than nothing.
5. I didn’t recap last weekend on the blog and so I didn’t get a chance to share about my bridesmaid dress shopping experience. My best friend is getting married in May and I am SO psyched for the wedding. The entire bridal party is my best group of girl friends from high school. I think it’s really unique that we are all still friends. And if the fun we had dress shopping is any indication of the wedding, I know the wedding will be a blast!
6. I love getting dressed up for Halloween but this year I don’t really have any plans. I’m going to hang out with my nieces and see them off for trick or treating but that doesn’t really require a costume. Luckily, dressing up at Rock ‘n’ Roll races is always encouraged. Tom and I took a trip to the Halloween store yesterday to pick up some costumes to run in. I’ve never run in costume before so hopefully I didn’t pick something that will drive me too crazy.
Do you have Halloween plans? Have you ever dressed up for a race?
Are you excited for the return of Gilmore Girls?
This post is being written as part of the GoodLife Fitness Blogger Ambassador Program.