Happy Thursday and welcome to another round of Thinking Out Loud.
1. The countdown is officially on. Only 17 days until I leave for New Zealand!
The plan is to travel and camp in two motor homes for 2 weeks with Tom’s family. (His parents, two of his sisters, brother-in-law and one nephew). I love Tom’s family, they’re like my family. However, I’m going to be completely honest and admit that I’m nervous about spending that much time in close quarters with family.
After our two weeks, Tom and I are splitting off to do a little exploring of New Zealand on our own and then following that up with a week in Fiji. It will be like a vacation after our vacation.
2. This weekend I have almost no plans which makes me so excited. I haven’t been home for a weekend since July! That’s not to say I won’t be busy. I have a million things on the to-do list including shopping for New Zealand, baking, catching up on some work and of course, running.
3. Technically, I don’t have zero plans. On Sunday, I am joining a group of local bloggers for the Spruce Meadows Summer’s Gone Run On 10km. We are following that up with a brunch at Bow Valley Ranche. Ever since I saw Jo post about this place I’ve been dying to go.
The brunch will also give us a chance to say farewell to Sam, who has decided to leave us Albertans behind and go back to Ontario. Something about a boyfriend. Pftt…
4. Lately the word triathalon has been on my mind. My sister mentioned wanting to train for one after the Edmonton half-maraton. Then I read Ange’s post yesterday and it got me thinking even more about the idea.
My biggest problem with a triathlon is swimming. I didn’t go very far in swimming lessons as a kid so I’d have a lot to learn. I also kind of hate getting wet which I’m told is unavoidable with swimming.
I’m not committing to anything, I’m just saying it’s on my mind…
5. Despite my inkling towards triathlons, my motivation to run in the past couple of weeks has been sorely lacking. On the weekends I have no problem getting in my long run but after work, a run is just the last thing I want to do. I’ll go to Body Pump, spin or barre class but a run just seems like so much work.
As Tom, not so subtely pointed out to me, I haven’t ran since last Friday. That means I need to get my booty in gear considering I’m running the Canmore half-marathon next weekend. Tonight I’m forcing myself to run my Yasso 800’s, no more excuses!
6. Speaking of running, I am part of the Rock ‘n’ Blog team for the Rock ‘n’ Roll Marathon series. A couple of weeks ago I received a Training Rock Box filled with goodies any runner needs when training for their next half or full marathon. I was beyond excited when I received my box.
And even more excited when I opened it! I had to wait a while to reveal the goodies because we wanted to ensure the entire Rock ‘n’ Blog team had received theirs. Now they have and now I can reveal….
I was overwhelmed by the awesomeness of the Training Box. We were absolutely spoiled by our sponsors and I have to give them a huge shoutout and thank you!
Don’t forget if you want to join me at a Rock n Roll event you can use my code for $15 off!