Happy Thursday friends! As per usual I’m bringing you a round of my random thoughts as I join Amanda for Thinking Out Loud Thursday.
1. First I have to talk about the weather here in Calgary. It has been CRAZY! The past two days we got wicked thunderstorms, flash floods & hail. On Tuesday I got caught driving in the storm and I couldn’t see a thing plus I was worried about my car getting dented from the hail. Luckily I wasn’t too far from home when the storm started so I made it home okay and the car was fine.
On Wednesday I planned to run home from work. I knew it called for rain so I planned for it and brought the appropriate gear. But I didn’t bring the appropriate gear for a torrential downpour. I had a feeling it was about to start lightning & hailing as well so I got Tom to pick me up to save myself from the storm. As soon as we got home the hail started so I knew I made the right decision.
2. Because of the crazy storms my workplace, including my office, got flooded. Luckily the water didn’t make it to the pile of shoes I keep under my desk. Crisis averted! And perhaps a reminder that I should take home said pile of shoes.
3. Tonight I’m leaving on a jet-plane again. Tom and I are headed to Toronto for the weekend where we will meet up with his Mom & six sisters for a birthday celebration for his sister, Julene.
I’m excited to check out Toronto. I haven’t been there since I was 10 and went for a skipping camp. (Yes like jump-rope skipping. I was in a skipping club).
We are all taking in a broadway show called Newsies when we are there. Tom and his family grew up watching the film version so they are all very excited for the show. I’m really just a long for the ride. 😉
I’m really more looking forward to going to Niagara falls and stopping at a winery.
4. If you’re local to Calgary, I have to recommend one of my new favourite fitness studios called Fit Republic. They offer mixed classes like spin & barre or barre & TRX. It’s a great way to try out multiple style classes in a hour.
Plus I’ve found an instructor that I love (Madison). She’s a runner too so we bonded immediately. She has a great teaching style. I love someone who can motivate me to push myself but also recognizes when I’m struggling and doesn’t make me feel bad. And now that we’re becoming friends she texts me to see if I’m making it to her class. That’s a good way to stay accountable right!
I had a groupon to the studio but it now expired. I wasn’t planning on continuing since I can take classes at GoodLife Fitness but looks like I’ll be buying a punch pass to continue there.
5. You may remember, for a while I had a serious addiction to cookie butter. I was eating it on the regular. I finally got sick of it and I haven’t touched it in months. But last night as I sliced up an apple for a snack I got the hankering to put some melted cookie butter on it. And oh my goodness was it delicious. Looks like my addiction might be returning.
6. Since I’m going to be away for the weekend I’m planning on doing my long run (11 miles) after work today. Ugh. I can handle shorter runs after work but a long one like this will be a struggle. And it looks like it’s going to be raining so I’m likely going to be moving this long run onto a treadmill. Thank goodness for Netflix to keep me occupied.
Have you had storms in your area? Would you do a 11 mile run in the rain or the treadmill?