It’s Thursday already? Oh my goodness has this week went by quickly. Sadly though I have to work tomorrow to make up for taking a day off last week for BlogFest. So while Thursday is usually my Friday, this week Friday is my Friday. Make sense?
Since it’s Thursday I will be joining Amanda for Thinking Out Loud Thursday.
1. I want to give a HUGE thank you to everyone who has taken out the time to fill out my reader survey so far. I am addicted to checking the responses because they honestly mean so much to me. If you haven’t done it yet, please take 5 minutes to help me out plus you have the chance to win a Starbucks gift card.
2. Since getting home from Blog Fest I have yet to unpack my suitcase. It’s sitting on my floor and I just don’t even want to deal with it.
Usually whenever I get home from somewhere I like to unpack immediately. It only takes about 10 minutes and I feel so much better knowing it’s done. But I was just way too tired Sunday to bother and I’ve pretty much been too lazy ever since.
I am very happy that I used my trick from Ragnar Relay packing and put all my used workout clothes into ziploc baggies, that way my luggage isn’t stinking up my suitcase or the rest of the house.
3. Speaking of Blog Fest and workout clothes, I was SO happy to see Lorna Jane had a booth at the Idea World expo this weekend. I absolutely love this brand. Their clothes are so cute and whenever I’m in the US I always search to see if there is a store nearby I can hit up. As Tom points out all the time, I probably have more workout gear than necessary, so I tried not to go too crazy at the expo. I ended up just buying a sports bra, a pullover sweater & a water bottle. Reasonable right?
However, one thing I found out while I was there, was that a store called Believe Fit in Calgary sells Lorna Jane clothes! Oh this could be dangerous. The only reason I don’t buy their clothes online is because it costs $35 in shipping which is outrageous but now it’s in my city!
4. Ever notice how everything you want to do always seems to fall on the same day? For me it’s August 23, I am running the Edmonton Half-Marathon with my sister. But on that same date is the St. John’s Ambulance Run & Walk for Life in Calgary. I love a race with some great sponsors and this is that race. They will have Davids Tea, Spolumbo Sausages & Cookies by George there! Along with lots of great prizes to be won so if you’re available that day, I highly recommend this race.
5. Speaking of prizes I have teamed up with an amazing group of bloggers & brands to bring to you the ultimate running giveaway! This contest is being held on Instagram and will be going live this morning at 8am MST so be sure to check it out! I’m seriously so jealous of this giveaway because I want to win it.
6. I’m really happy that this weekend is going to be low key. I love my crazy busy life but sometimes it’s just nice to be home. Although technically I’m still pretty busy.
Saturday I am doing makeup for a wedding in the morning then meeting the bridal party for touch ups in the afternoon. Then I’m driving to Canmore to do a bridal trial there. So the day will end up being pretty hectic. Hopefully Sunday I can relax, after a long run of course. 😉