I’ve seen this running survey kicking around on other blogs so I decided I’d give it a try. Partly because I call this lazy blogging and considering I had the stomach flu yesterday I think I deserve a day of lazy blogging. But I also love reading other bloggers responses to these surveys.
2. If you could choose the flavor of gatorade at your next race’s aid stations, what would it be?
I like the greeny yellow one the best, I’m going to assume that’s a lemon-lime flavour but I have no idea. I use gatorade during races but never during training. (I am aware this is against the advice of nothing new on race day).
3. If I gave you a $100 gift card to a running store, what would be the first thing that you would purchase with it?
Probably another pair of Mizuno Wave Inspires. Is there such a thing as too many of your favourite shoe? I’d like to think not.
4. Do you prefer to follow a training plan or wake up and decide then how far and how fast you want to run?
I always have a training plan written down but I never stick to it 100%. I adjust it according to how I’m feeling or other things going on in my life.
5. Would you rather start your run with the uphill and end on the downhill or start your run with the downhill and end with the uphill?
Definitely start uphill. Ending a run when you’re tired on an uphill is the worst. I’m talking to you Seattle Marathon!
6. When you can’t run, what type of cross-training do you choose to do?
Anything and everything. I love varying my workouts but my favourites would be spin class or Body Pump.
7. What is your preference—> Out and back, point to point or loop runs?
My opinion changes on this all the time. When I’m training I usually like out and back because it breaks the run down into chunks that seem more manageable. During a race I prefer point to point or loop so I get to see more scenery.
8. If you could recommend ANY running related item to a new runner, it would be a—>
Properly fitting pair of shoes. Go to a running store and get the right shoes for you, it makes all the difference.
9. Do you ever see any wild animals while out on your runs?
When I run at my sisters I see lots of garter snakes and it makes me run SUPER fast since I’m absolutely terrified of them.
10. Ever gotten lost while out on a run?
Can’t say I have. When I’m somewhere I don’t know I always run out and back to prevent that from happening.
11. If you could have one meal waiting and ready for you each time you got home from a run for the next 30 days… what would that meal be?
I love breakfast foods after a run. Waffles & poached eggs would be my go to with a banana spinach smoothie.
12. Capris or shorts… what do you run in most often?
Capris. My “strong thighs” tend to chafe in shorts when I run long distances. I can run about 10 miles in shorts and then it becomes painful.
13. At what mile (or how many minutes) into your run does your body start to feel like it is warming up and ready to go?
It usually takes me at least 2-3 miles until I start to enjoy the run. Those first two miles usually suck. I question why I do what I do. I question if I’ll be able to finish that run. Then suddenly I’m warmed up, I get into a groove and I love running.
14. What do you do with your key when you run?
I always wear a FlipBelt during my runs so my keys go in there along with anything else I need to carry with me on the run.
15. If you could relive any race that you have done in the past, which one what it be?
New York Marathon of course! That was the most incredible experience of my life and I hope to go back and do it again someday.