Hey there friends. It’s Thursday already. I had a short work week and I think it was just what I needed. Shouldn’t every week be a 3 day work week? As per usual, I am joining Amanda for Thinking Out Loud Thursday.
1. The countdown to Spain is on! Next week at this time I’ll be at the airport waiting to fly off to Barcelona! What’s possibly even more exciting than that is this weekend my friend Chelsi, who I am going to Spain with, got engaged! I think this was my exact reaction.
Now we have 10 days in Spain to talk about wedding plans.
2. On my Monday off I joined my sister for a 9.2 mile run (yes the .2 matters).
Have I mentioned how much I love having a running buddy. We didn’t talk much because Val was in the zone but it’s just nice having someone there beside you. Particularly when you see a garter snake and you do the “snake dance” and then push your sister in front of you. Sorry Val.
What’s a snake dance? It looks exactly like this…
3. Tuesday was a pretty exciting day around here. I went to leave work and had a flat tire. Boo. I texted Tom who was away at work and asked if I should call AMA. We don’t have a plan so it would cost a decent chunk of change. He said if it was him, he would just change the tire and drive to the shop. I’ve never changed a tire before but no time like the present I figured. I ended up doing it all by myself. My hands were greasy and my work clothes filthy but I felt so proud of myself when I finished.
4. After getting my car to the shop I stopped to vote for the provincial election.
I’m not huge into politics but this year was really interesting. Alberta has been ruled by the same party for 44 years and this year that finally changed. Without going into my full political views, I’ll say the party who won wasn’t who I voted for. I’m kind of on the fence about the change though. For healthcare, where I work, I think it will be a good thing. For oil industry where Tom works, I don’t think it will be good. The next 4 years will be an interesting time for sure.
5. I chose the winner of my Pro Compression giveaway. Congratulations Suzanne and thanks for all who entered.
If you didn’t win and still want to join the fun you can save $15 off registration.
7. Speaking of Giveaways I have another one for you. It’s been the week of giveaways around here apparently. (Check out my Minute Rice giveaway still on now).
The Spartan race is a race that’s been on my bucket list for a while however every year the timing hasn’t worked out for me. This is my year!
Spartan is the world’s leading obstacle course race. You can choose your distance from 5km “sprint” to 20+ km “beast”. I
think know I will be starting with a sprint distance. I’m not going to lie, the course looks challenging and it definitely scares me but I’ve learned to trust myself and realize that I am capable. If you want to challenge yourself in this obstacle course use the promo code AROO15 to get 15% off any Canadian Spartan race.
Or if you want to win entry to any Canadian Spartan race, enter my giveaway! Contest will run until May 13 and winner will be announced on the blog May 14. Winner will be chosen at random.
Are you afraid of snakes? Do you find politics interesting or boring?