Happy Thursday folks! This week has been rough. I cannot seem to catch up on my sleep since Ragnar and it doesn’t help that I have a million things on the go. But that’s my life and I love it so who am I to complain. Anyways before I ramble too much I should give a formal introduction to Thinking Out Loud where I will continue to ramble some more.
1. On Monday night I started in a basketball league. I haven’t played basketball since junior high so first thing I need to get used to is not being afraid of the ball. 😉
I’m pretty used to running but wow is sprinting different than the long distance running! I was dying during the game.
We were short players so I asked some local bloggers to see if anyone was interested in coming out to sub. And Sara decided to join in! Not only did she join, she had some serious skills and decided to join our team permanently. This is why I love blogging, you meet the best people.
2. Speaking of my running I recently decided to get a running coach. I never thought a coach was something I was interested in because I’m terrible at following a training plan. But perhaps that’s exactly why I need a coach. Beth was looking for some people to coach & since she’s my BlogFest roomie I figured she would be a great fit!
Since my legs are still pretty tired from the weekend’s Ragnar, I decided to count basketball as my speed work. This is why I don’t make a good coaching client!
3. My cold will not go away! I’ve been sick for a week and a half now and still my nose is running like a faucet. Tom is the same. We seemed to have caught a nasty bug.
4. I haven’t been to Body Pump at GoodLife Fitness in a month!
Jo asked if anyone wanted to join her this weekend so I said heck yes! I miss that class and can’t wait to get back at it. I also have my long run planned with Ange on Sunday. Usually Tom joins me for 1-2 miles of my long run and then he takes off. I’m really looking forward to the company this time.
5. Also, I realize the month is already half over so I’m way behind on this news but GoodLife Fitness launched a campaign April 1st called The Real #SexySmartStrong. The campaign is about “Empowering yourself to enjoy living in your body and take pride in your achievements.”
I mean who doesn’t want to get on board with that message! If you go to the website, you can take a quiz to find out your #SexySmartStrong alter ego. Mine was a Merwolf.
A what? Here’s the description:You’re an unusual creature and it’s hard to put a label on you. But what we do know is that you are a strong individual that has no problem swimming against the current. You do you, Merwolf. You do, you.
Totally agree with this description of myself and I love that GoodLife is promoting such positive messages about health & body image.
6. I know you saw my title said chocolate giveaway so you probably skipped the rest of this post just to get to this point. It’s okay, I don’t blame you.
After getting a chance to review 7 Baroness chocolate bars from ChickAdvisor, I won a giveaway of 7 more chocolate bars. There was a big part of me that was stoked because hello my name is Jen and I’m a chocolate addict. But my Dietitian self told me that I really don’t need to eat 14 chocolate bars. So alas I decided to give them to one of you!
This contest will run until Wednesday April 22 and I will announced the winner Thursday April 23. Open to US & Canadian residents. Winner will be chosen at random. Good Luck!
Also don’t forget you have one more day to enter my Livia One Probiotics giveaway
Have you ever joined a sports league as an adult? If you win the 7 chocolate bars would you eat them all yourself or share?
This post was written as part of the GoodLife Fitness Blogger Ambassador Program, however all opinions expressed are my own