Hello friends, wow this week has been insane. During the week I like to be a home body. I go to the gym or run but then I like to be at home and relaxing for the evening. When I go out, I feel completley exhausted and miss my down time. Well this week I’ve been doing something every single night. So I am more than ready to relax over the weekend!
What have I been up to? I’ll tell you as I Think Out Loud
1. Monday night Ange & I met up with the organizers of City Chase. What is City Chase? An urban adventure race, kind of like Amazing Race. Sounds fun, right? It is! Plus anyone can join! Unlike like Amazing Race who shot us down, not bitter I swear.
That’s Tom and I on the left pulling that bus during 2013 City Chase. I don’t know about you but I feel it looks like we are definitely the ones putting in the most effort!
More on why I was meeting the City Chase folks coming soon. Oh the suspense…
2. Tuesday night I was off to a Catelli pasta event! I LOVE pasta so this was right up my alley. I got a chance to meet Chef Lynn Crawford for the Food Network who is absolutely hilarious. And she even taught me how to chop vegetables properly. No more cutting my fingers, I hope!
Next week I’ll be sharing all the details of this event plus doing a pasta giveaway! Oh the suspense…ha ha!
After some socializing it was time for the official agenda which included Chandra Crawford, olympic gold medalist, who gave us some great advice for goal setting.
Thought I was going to leave you hanging right? Nope, I’ll tell you her advice.
Her three main points for goal setting were:
Dream big: She encouraged everyone to go after their dreams no matter how big or small. The only thing you will regret in life is not going for your dreams.
Break it into little chunks: Big dreams seem really unachievable but if you break them into smaller and more achievable chunks it will be easier.
Believe: Believe in yourself. Think positively and you can achieve!
It was very motivating to hear her speak and I look forward to seeing her again as she plans to run the half marathon at the Calgary Marathon!
4. Tonight I am going to the Tech Shop here in Calgary to try out some new Mizuno shoes and meet a brand rep. Mizuno shoes are my absoloute favourite. I’ve tried other brands but I just don’t even bother anymore because I know what works for me. I always love when the newest season shoes come out because there are
new features pretty colours.
5. Now that I’m done telling you about my crazy week lets reminisce to last week when I told you about my friend getting first class tickets to Spain! Well she thought it was too good to be true and turns out it was. We got an email saying that due to staffing shortages our flights had to be rebooked and we would receive another email at a later time for details. Um, what! Of course this happened just after we spent the weekend booking all of our accommodations, car rentals and flight in Spain.
Well we weren’t about to wait for another email to figure this out. So Chelsi spent the whole day on the phone figuring this mess out. Good news is we were able to get rebooked on a flight the same day but we have to add an extra stopover. Bad news, she lost her first class seats! Guess she will have to slum it in coach with me now.
6. This weekend I have a half marathon on the books. It’s the Run for L’Arche. I ran this race last year when it was freezing cold.
This year the weather is looking a lot better. The past two weeks my long runs have not went well for me so I’m hoping the race goes better. I’m honestly not even sure if I’m going to try and race it or just treat it as a training run. I think I’ll see how I feel day of and make the call then. At the very least I know there will be delicious brunch afterwards with Ange & Jo!
Tell me something random from your week! Are you a homebody or do you like to get out and do all the things?