Happy Monday! I’m so excited because today is my blogiversary. I really can’t believe I have been blogging for a full year now. I started my blog kind of on a whim (typical). I read a lot of blogs and it seemed like something I could try. Now a year later, it’s something I couldn’t imagine my life without.
Blogging has become my outlet. I often think of myself as an extrovert trapped in an introverts body. When people get to know me I’m very outgoing, energetic and often times crazy. But unfortunately, so many people don’t get a chance to see that side of me (unless I’ve had a few drinks).
Blogging has been such a great way to express myself, tell my stories and meet new people along the way. A downside of being an introvert is it’s difficult to meet people and form friendships. Blogging has opened up a whole new world to me. You get to know people through their blogs on such a personal level that by the time you meet someone in person you already feel like old friends.
Over the past year I have learned SO much! Including to use # not % on Twitter, no I’m not joking. My blog has grown and changed a lot and I expect it to keep on growing and changing. I’m so grateful for the readers that I have. If you’ve been reading for a while, thank you! If you’re a new reader, stick around, I promise you’ll love it.
Here is a little recap to my first year of blogging.
Top 10 favourite posts from the past year:
- How to improve your body image & self-confidence
- Top 5 excuses to skip a workout and how to get over them
- How to shop at MAC
- Shopping at Sephora – A beginners guide
- Organic is not a synonym for heath
- Milk – it does the body harm?
- The Do’s and Don’ts of packing for Europe
- 6 ways to overcome running injuries
- Reaching your goals
- Preventing weight gain during marathon training
- 10 lessons learnt from my first marathon
As a thank you to my readers for sticking with me throughout the last year, I am offering up a giveaway of my favourite things!
Unfortunately, I’m not Oprah, so you’re not all getting cars.
Instead, I have one prize pack up for grabs to one lucky reader that contains:
- Lululemon headband – because I like to workout and keeping hair out of your face is always a plus
- Purdy’s peanut butter chocolate fingers – you know how much I love chocolate (you’re lucky I gave these up)
- Starbucks coffee – It’s harder to say which is more important to me chocolate or coffee, so I included both
- EOS lip balm – the best!
- Benefit They’re Real Mascara – An incredible mascara, if you haven’t tried it before you’re in for a treat. If you have then enjoy a free travel size!
- MAC 217 brush – my holy grail brush
- MAC eyeshadow in Vex – I love this colour because it suits everyone and can be used with multiple different colours. It’s an unsung hero of the MAC line
- MAC lipstick in creme cup – This is a cult classic colour and for good reason, it’s gorgeous
Giveaway will run Monday December 1 – Monday December 8 at 4pm MST. Open to US & Canada. Winner will be chosen at random. Winner will be contacted by email and announced on the blog Wednesday December 10. Winner will have 48 hours to respond or another winner will be chosen.
Going forward, I really want to figure out where to take my blog so I’d really appreciate your help. Let me know…