Yesterday on Twitter I saw a post that said 99 days until Christmas. Which means today there are only 98 more days.
I don’t know about you but that is sneaking up on me way too quickly. Right away I started thinking about the Christmas shopping I had to get done and what on earth was I going to get Tom this year. I’m just going to state the obvious here, men are hard to shop for. It seems like men never really need anything and anything that they do need is way too boring to shop for. You want a power wrench for Christmas, really? (side note after typing power wrench I googled it to see if it was a real thing – it is).
So when I was contacted by a company called Gifts for Men that creates custom “man crates” I was very excited. What’s a man crate? These are gifts that literally come in a crate that require a crowbar (which is included) to open. Inside the crate, you can choose what to get your man. The company has a wide assortment of gift options that suit every man from the sport lover to the man who can’t get enough sriracha sauce.
I think these crates are the perfect gift solution and there are even some crates I wouldn’t mind getting. The company asked me to create what would be in my very own survival crate, my must have, can’t live without items.
1. Coffee – This was a no brainer for me. Without coffee I simply will not survive or at the very least, everyone around me will not survive.
2. Concealer – This is the one item of makeup I never leave the house without. I do not have great skin and have dark under eye circles. Thank goodness for the wonders of makeup. I have been using MAC’s studio finish concealer for years, it’s a holy grail product for me.
3. Iphone- I admit I am now fully addicted to my iPhone. I used to be one of those people who left their phone in their purse when they got home and forgot about it until it was time to charge it at bedtime. That girl is gone, replaced by a girl who is constantly checking Twitter, Instagram, Facebook or any other social media platform. Without my cellphone I truly feel lost.
4. Eyebrow pencil – My second must have beauty product is an eyebrow pencil or something to fill in my brows. Next to concealer, this is the other thing that must be done before I leave the house.
5. Running shoes – Obviously I love to run and workout in general so I need the proper footwear to do that!
I’m sure none of my must-have items come as a surprise. I am a self-proclaimed coffee loving, makeup hoarding, social media loving runner! The only thing I forgot is chocolate! I would of course make sure my survival kit had chocolate because whats life without chocolate?
What items would be in your survival kit?