Happy Thursday! Time to think out loud with Running with Spoons.
I have used a bunch of colour protectant shampoos before, usually from salon brands. However, typically when I have my hair dyed light I use a moisture shampoo. I gave the shampoo & conditioner a try. It has a great scent and left my hair feeling soft. I can’t speak to its ability to colour protect because I’ve only used it a couple of times and with blonde hair you aren’t getting the same fading as with darker coloured hair. I think it’s a really great drugstore brand shampoo & conditioner.
I was really excited about the blonde refresher though. This is a bi-weekly hair conditioning treatment that says it will restore blonde tones and softness. When I have blonde hair, I use a purple shampoo in order to reduce the brassy blonde tones. I have never seen a purple treatment from a drugstore product before.
Purple shampoos/treatments work because they cancel out the brassy/yellow tones in the hair. The darker the colour, the more cancellation you will achieve. The blonde refresher from Garnier has a much lighter purple tone compared to my current purple shampoo that I use.
The treatment did leave my hair feeling soft. I think it’s a great budget option for blondes who don’t want to spend the money on salon brand. I will definitely continue to use it as a conditioning treatment for my hair to restore softness.
2. I started getting a cold this week and I am really not happy about it. I mean, who ever is happy about a cold but this is already my second summer cold. That doesn’t seem fair! I know the source though…
They may look like two adorable innocent girls but they are germ carriers! Every single time I visit with my nieces I end up getting sick. They’re lucky they’re so cute.
3. Since I’ve been not feeling so great this past week and Tom was out of town, I haven’t felt much like cooking. This has led me to eat cereal for dinner… twice. And not only did I eat cereal, I ate cinnamon toast crunch. It was absolutely delicious but not exactly a Dietitian’s first choice cereal. At least I balanced it with a side of egg whites for some protein.
4. My week hasn’t been all bad though, Tom and I booked a weekend trip to Los Angeles! He has to go to a conference in Oklahoma so he is taking a lay over in LA and I will meet him there.
Of course, top of my list of things to do is Disneyland. Tom however does not share my enthusiasm for Disney.
I tried looking for tickets to the Ellen show because that would be amazing, but she only tapes Monday-Thursday and its all sold out for September. Looks like my dream of dancing with Ellen will have to wait for another time.
5. Today is my last day with my intern at work. I can’t believe how fast the month went by! I’m pretty sad because now I will actually have to do my own work.
6. After work today my long weekend begins. Friday we are heading out camping for one l with a group of my best friends from high school. We do an annual camping trip together and it’s always a ton of fun. I think it will be the perfect way to end the summer and camping season.
Any suggestions for things to do in LA? Any big plans for the long weekend?