This week has completely flown by, I can’t believe it’s already Thursday but I’m sure glad it is because it means I’m linking up with Running with Spoons for Thinking out Loud.
1. Yesterday I had some technical difficulties with my blog which is why there was no post. My post was all ready to go Tuesday night but usually I save it and read it once more in the morning with a fresh set of eyes for last-minute editing before I publish it. When I went to look it over almost my entire post was gone! Very frustrating.
2. In a little over 2 weeks I’m running the Canmore half marathon. I’m looking forward to this race because I’m hoping I can really push myself and possibly, maybe PR. But even if I don’t PR I am excited because Kaella from Kaella on the Run has decided to join the race and I get a chance to see her again!
3. This week has felt a little off for me all around. Monday, I was doing a strength workout as I did one of my squats I felt a little twinge in my glute that’s been nagging me. I thought to myself I can’t wait to see my physiooooohhhhhh crap! I realized that at that very moment I was supposed to be at my physio appointment. I completely forgot about it.
Then Tuesday, I went to slo-pitch and had the worst game of my life. I’m no stellar baseball player but 3 strike outs, well that’s just plain humiliating.
Wednesday I was super pscyhed to find out I won a blog giveaway that included wine! Then I got an email back saying it was only open to residents of Ontario!
4. I’m hoping my luck turns around today as I’m giving a presentation to a group of workers from Shell Canada on healthy eating in the office environment. I have my presentation together but I haven’t practiced much at all. Looks like I’ll be winging it.
Luckily I love public speaking and its a topic I’m super comfortable talking on, so as long as I remember to show up, I should be all good. If worse comes to worse, I’ll just take a page out of Matthew McConaughey’s book and say alright over and over again until I figure out what to say.
5. One place I definitely better remember to show up to is my sisters baby shower this weekend, since I’m hosting! We are doing a brunch and meet the baby party. I’m really looking forward to it because I get to see family but more importantly…baby cuddles! Any great brunch recipes you suggest I make?
6. While camping this weekend my sister-in-law told me about this new mascara product she was using called Younique Moonstruck 3D fibre lashes. I was definitely intrigued. At work a lady I work with has started selling the product, I mentioned interest and she ran out to her car and got me a sample. Score! I’m excited to try out the product and will give a review of my thoughts.
Have you ever heard of the Younique product line? Have you ever completely forgot to show up to an appointment?