HELLOOO Thursday! Since last week was a short week this week has felt extra long. I love having an intern at work but man do I have to work hard when I have one. I am exhausted.
I am more than ready to kick off my weekend. But first, it’s time for Thinking out Loud.
1. This weekend I’m heading to our annual family camping trip with Tom’s family. I’m super excited because the camping is always great. I get to catch up with all of Tom’s sisters (he has 6) and see all my nieces and nephews. The weather looks like it’s going to be great, again, so I am ready to go!
2. Who else is watching Big Brother this season? Frankie has been my favourite so I was so bummed when the house started turning on him. I still can’t believe he pulled out the solo win at battle of the block. I don’t have cable anymore so I watch the episodes online and always have to wait a day until they are posted so no spoilers on Wednesday night’s episode please!
3. Lately I have been addicted to iced coffees. The fact that Starbucks is within walking distance from my house and I now have an espresso machine is not helping my addiction. My favourite iced coffee lately is super easy to make. I brew an espresso, add some maple syrup for sweetness & flavour and pour over ice and milk. Absolute perfection.
4. I have been interested in activity trackers for a while now and recently decided to go out and buy one. I had a hard time deciding because there are lots on the market now. I ultimately decided to go for the Jawbone UP 24. So far, I’m very happy with my purchase. It’s definitely not 100% accurate but it does make me motivated to move more. I even find myself walking during the 2 minutes my electric toothbrush is going so that I get in more steps! I will post a review and my thoughts on the trackers once I give this one a bit more of a test run.
5. Last weekend I went to the farmers market with the sole intention of finding some garden peas. I looked high and low and finally found one stand that had them. I noticed they didn’t look wonderful, a little small and kind of wet looking. I decided to buy them anyways. HUGE disappointment. They taste absolutely awful, so I ended up throwing out the full $5 bag. Anyone have a garden and want to bring me some peas?
6. I’m on week 10 of my marathon training and for the first time, I actually did some hill & stair repeats! I’m so proud of myself. I knew I might back out because it’s hot and I’m definitely not a fan of hills so I asked Tom to run with me so that I had someone forcing me out the door. It was definitely killer but I’m glad I did it.
7. There won’t be a post tomorrow for my usual FYI Friday. Why? Because, it’s summer and I’m still the worlds worst procrastinator and don’t have anything prepared. #sorrynotsorry
What are your plans for the weekend? What’s your favourite Starbucks drink?