I can’t believe it’s already Thursday, I love short weeks! I feel like I was just posting my last Thinking out Loud post but alas, it’s time for another one with Running with Spoons.
1. I’ve determined that Amanda from Running with Spoons and I are kindred spirits. We are always doing the same things. We were in Vegas at the same time and both went rafting and hiking in the mountains last weekend. I’m determined that we need to meet because I’m sure we would become instant friends. Plus, she only lives in Edmonton a mere 3 hours way from me and a place I frequently visit. So Amanda, I’m coming for you!
2. I bought some new running shoes. I decided to cheat on Mizuno and try out some New Balance shoes. I gave them a test run during my treadmill intervals yesterday and so far so good! I also wanted to make sure everyone in the gym noticed I was there so I wore the most obnoxiously loud outfit I could find.
3. Last night I went to an exclusive Sephora party. It was for VIB Rouge members only. They even had a lineup with a rope. I just strolled up the front and told them I was on the list and got right in. No big deal.
There were reps from the different cosmetic companies there to answer your questions. And there was free food and beverage. Having a cupcake and shopping for makeup at the same time pretty much sums up my perfect day.
4. This weekend my sister, brother-in-law and my adorable nephews are coming to visit. We are heading to Calaway park (an outdoor amusement park). I can’t wait to spend the day with them and apparently neither can my nephew, when my sister told him about the trip he was ready to take off.
Ok, so adorable right!
5. I’ve decided to sign up for Lean Green Bean’s Foodie Pen Pals again. Not sure what I’m talking about? You can check out my last experience here. I’m excited to go shopping this weekend to find some great items for my pen pal. Not only do I get to look for unique items for someone else it means I’m guaranteed to get mail and I love getting mail!
6. Speaking of getting mail, I recently received some samples of Manitoba Hemp Hearts in the mail.
I already use hemp hearts but when a rep from the company contacted me on Twitter and offered me free samples and recipes, I didn’t turn them down. Never say no to free stuff, that’s my motto!
7. I have been working this week on the design for my new blog. I got a few sample logos sent to me and I just can’t wait until it’s done. My blog is going to look 1000% better!
What’s your favourite thing to get in the mail? Isn’t my nephew adorable? (obviously this is a rhetorical question)