Wahoo, it’s Thursday! Although, since I took Monday off this week I am working tomorrow which means it’s not the start of my weekend yet. But I’m excited nonetheless because as per usual, I’m joining Running with Spoons for Thinking Out Loud Thursday.
1. Last week, I talked about wanting to run another marathon. Well, after talking with Tom I think we have picked one out. We are looking to run the Rock ‘n’ Roll New Orleans marathon on February 5 next year. Which also happens to be Tom’s 30th birthday. Personally, I couldn’t think of a better way to celebrate than running a marathon in New Orleans. Now, we just need to convince other people to join us for the celebration and running. Interested?
2. On Tuesday, I celebrated International Yoga Day by attending a Lole White event with some friends.
During the day, the storm clouds started rolling in and we started texting each other about whether or not we would actually attend if it was raining. Rain plus white are not generally a good combination. As we were waiting for the event to start, it started to rain on us but it quit very quickly and then the clouds parted and we had a gorgeous blue sky and sunshine for our yoga session.
Thanks Ange for the picture!
3. Yesterday I had a bad day. One of those days where one thing after another goes wrong and you just want to scream, okay universe, I get it! Luckily I was able to cure my grumpies with a glass of a wine and a walk for a Dairy Queen blizzard after dinner.
However, my blizzard was melted and spilled all over me when I opened the lid so maybe the universe still won that one.
4. My weekends have been pretty jam packed lately and while I love that, it also means I’m behind on a million tasks. Looking at the rest of my summer calendar, I won’t be home a lot so this weekend, I cancelled my plans for Sunday and I’m hoping to spend a day at home just organizing and generally getting my life together.
5. Lately I’ve been reading a lot. I go through ups and downs with reading. I can go months without reading and then suddenly it’s all I want to do. Right now, it’s all I want to do.
Recently I finished the books The Husband’s Secret and How to Fall in Love. They were both good but the titles got a little side eye from Tom. Currently I’m reading What I was Doing While you Were Breeding. The title definitely caught my eye as something I could relate to. It’s an absolutely hilarious travel memoir, certainly nothing similar to my own travel experiences but very entertaining to read.
I feel like this post is short but I can’t think of any more random thoughts. My brain might be broken or at least not fully functioning since I haven’t finished my coffee yet.
What do you do to cure yourself of a bad day? Are you going to come rock the New Orleans race with us?