Happy Thursday friends. Unfortunately I was having some blogging issues yesterday and unable to post for Wild Workout Wednesday. But I’ve sorted things out and you’ll get a great post next Wednesday instead.
As per usual, I’m joining Running with Spoons for Thinking out Loud Thursday.
1. Today, after work I’m heading out to the mountains again for my final weekend of camping this year. After reading Jo & Kris’s recaps of camping and hiking in the Nordegg area, Tom and I decided we definitely wanted to check it out. So basically, take a look at their recaps and copy paste into what we will be doing this weekend.
2. My sleep walking has continued this week. On Tuesday night, I woke up and found myself in my closet putting on pants. Last week when I mentioned my sleep walking, a lot of people mentioned that it’s often related to stress. I am thinking this could definitely be the case. My to-do list is piling up all the time and I’m feeling the weight of it.
I need to revisit my own advice on how to do it all and not go crazy. Basically, I need to sit down and reflect on my to-do list and determine what is absolutely necessary and what can wait. It also might be time for me to start saying no to a few opportunities again.
3. The other day my sister sent me this cartoon that reminded her of me.
I laughed so hard because I couldn’t think of anything that better describes me. It could also explain my stress problem. I take on the world but when things get hard I shut down completely. That definitely happened to me this week, I had a day where I did nothing. At the time it felt great, but it only contributes to my to-do list in the long run which makes me more stressed the day after. A vicious circle if there ever was one.
4. One thing I have been doing to help me relax is read more. It helps that I’m completely addicted to the book I’m currently reading.
This is a book based on the description that I would have never picked up. But Brie absolutely raved about it and when it comes to books, I trust her opinion. I’m close to the finish and Brie has already warned me to get ready for the water works.
I also have two other books at the library to currently pick up. Why is it that every single book you’ve had on hold for months comes available at the same time? Now I’m even stressed about reading which is supposed to relax me!
5. Yesterday, I went to Starbucks and treated myself to a chai latte. I love chai lattes but try not to order them often since they are full of sugar and because honestly, most of the time when I go to Starbucks I want something with a higher caffeine content.
But right there at the till they had a little sample and I drank this delicious elixir. What was it? An iced chai latte with an espresso shot. Did you even know you could do that?!?!?! (Yes, that many exclamation points is necessary for this drink!)
I was so excited I basically hugged the barista. He told me it was called a dirty chai. This could be a very dangerous thing for me to find out.