Yesterday I had no ideas for a blog post, my mind was a blank slate. It’s amazing, sometimes I have so much to write at once that I can’t figure out how to fill it all in and some days there’s nothing. Luckily, today I’m joining Running with Spoons for Thinking Out Loud Thursday so I can just spout off all the randomness in my head.
1. This weekend is my best friend’s wedding. I am so excited I can barely stand it. I’m so honoured to be standing by her side on her special day and I’m already expecting a lot of crying.
2. Recently, I received some free Loreal products to review from Influenster. I didn’t need to review them on the blog but I wanted to mention a few of them because of how impressed I was. As someone who is a bit of a makeup snob, I was definitely proven wrong by this drugstore brand.
I’ve been a long time fan of the Loreal Voluminous mascara so I should has suspected that they would also make a good eyeliner. The super slim liquid eyeliner is incredible. The felt tip is super fine which makes it easy to apply and even achieve a winged eyeliner. It goes on very black and matte and doesn’t smudge a bit. I don’t know how long until it dries out since I’ve only had it a few weeks but considering it’s half the price of the Kat Von D eyeliner I usually buy, I would definitely purchase this myself.
I was also very impressed by the nude eyeshadow palette. Eyeshadows are one thing I usually never ever purchase from a drugstore. But these shadows were pigmented, creamy, blendable and lasted all day long. They are slightly more chalky than higher end eyeshadows but I’ve been reaching for this palette almost daily over a lot of my MAC shadows, which is saying something.
3. I’ve joined the Global Corporate Challenge with my work again this year. This is a challenge where you are on a team with colleagues and you put your daily steps together and compete across your own organization and the world.
I already compete in weekly challenges with my FitBit friends but this added competition should get me moving even more.
4. Last night, I started my first class of kickboxing. I had to take it easy because of my shoulder but it was pretty fun. I learned I have zero coordination and would lose terribly if ever challenged to a fight.
5. I’ve already been very excited about heading to San Diego for the Rock ‘n’ Roll half-marathon but then yesterday I saw this.
We Run Social and Pro Compression put together these amazing shirts for the San Diego meet-up. As an ambassador, I will be getting one of these shirts and the June Pro Compression Sock of the Month to rock on race day. Which by the way, I saw a sneak preview of the sock and it’s amazing. You NEED to sign up for the newsletter to make sure you get in on this sock. They will sell out fast!
It makes me so proud to represent a company that is so good to it’s ambassadors and that truly cares about runners.
6. And speaking of amazing shirts, I was super super lucky to score one of the very limited Run YYC tanks from Lululemon thanks to Nicole who had an extra and sold it to me. Now I can represent my city like a champ.