I feel like it’s been forever since I did a Thinking Out Loud post, so I have lots of random things to talk about.
1. Guys, did you see the Gilmore Girls trailer was released? I refuse to watch it because I like to be surprised. I know they won’t give anything away, but still, I want everything to be brand new to me when I watch. But it’s hard to avoid. It is ALL over my Facebook. It’s like people know that I like Gilmore Girls or something. 😉
Now for some devastating news. I will have to wait a whole week to watch Gilmore Girls once it’s released. It comes out November 25 and I have a wedding in Canmore on the 26th. I feel like I just cannot watch it without my sister. It’s our thing and it would be wrong. I debated driving up to her house Thursday night (
I debated driving up to her house Thursday night (3-hour drive), binge watching it all day Friday and driving back to Calgary Friday night so that I can go to the wedding Saturday. Too crazy? Probably. So instead, our plan is to wait and neither of us will watch it until the following weekend. It’s going to be the longest week of my life.
2. As I mentioned yesterday, I started back up at GoodLife Fitness for my strength training program. Not only are the early morning wake up calls tough but I’m so sore. Getting back into strength training always hurts so much.
3. When my sister-in-law was 9 years old she was badly burned when a cabin she was in blew up from a propane leak. Now she is a gorgeous woman with a husband, three amazing kids and the kindest heart. She spends so much of her time volunteering at the hospital, talking with newly burned victims. Recently, she started up a Facebook group called Scarred, Not Broken. It’s not just for burn victims but for anyone needing a community for support and inspiration. If you yourself could use a group like this or know someone who could, please pass it along.
4. Lorna Jane is opening their first Canadian store at South Centre mall Calgary. They officially open next week on Thursday, November 3.
5. And speaking of stores that I love, as I was shopping at MAC last weekend, I saw that they have started a loyalty program called MAC select. It’s similar to that of Sephora, where the perks you receive increase as the amount of money you spend in a year increases. Sadly, because I’m a MAC pro member, I’m not eligible. But if you love their products, which why wouldn’t you?, then you should definitely join and get some free stuff!
6. Have you heard of the new sweet potato toast craze? It’s where you slice a sweet potato really thin and toast it in a toaster or toaster oven. Then top it with whatever. I haven’t tried it myself yet but I’m definitely intrigued. Mind Body Green posted the ten best sweet potato toast recipes on Instagram and I think I might just make my way through the list and try them all.
7. I’m getting really tired of my hair lately. I have a hair appointment next week and I really want to cut off a fair amount. I just don’t have an idea of a specific haircut or style that would look good on me. My only requirement is that it has to be easy to style because I’m super lazy with my hair. Any suggestions?
Have you tried sweet potato toast? Do you like watching trailers or prefer a surprise?
This post was written as part of the GoodLife Fitness Ambassador program. All opinions are my own.